Come with ProIslandTour experience a bullfight
• Bullfights take place on the street, with the perimeter outlined with white lines on the ground, indicating how far the bull can go.
• The show starts at 6:30 p.m. in the summer, being anticipated as the days get shorter, but the party starts early in the morning with the choice of bulls in the field, where outdoor lunches are held, often accompanied by music and play with little bulls in the `tentaderos` of the cattlemen.
• A few hours before the bullfight, the four chosen bulls are placed in appropriate wooden Boxes, transporting them to the site followed by a caravan decorated with hydrangeas, an abundant plant on the island.
• At 6:30 p.m., the rocket announcing the beginning of the bullfight is launched, at which time the animal leaves the box.
• In order for the bull not to exceed the lines that delimit the festival grounds, the rope, which is between 90 and 100 meters long, is caught by 'shepherds', usually between seven and ten, divided into two groups.
• An important figure is the "capinhas", who "throw a step" at the bull, causing the animal to charge with open umbrellas and sweaters.
• Anyone can risk 'playing' with the bull, just for the sake of it, since there are no paid 'capinhas'.
• The bull cannot be in the street less than 15 minutes, and no more than half an hour, and the retrieval to the box is signaled again by a rocket.
• In the intervals between each bull, the population takes advantage of snacks and food at the canteen trucks.
• In the end, the party continues with the 'eat and drink', sometimes accompanied by music, which the locals call the 'fifth bull'.
- ½ Day from 17:00 to 21:00
- Full Day from 13:00 to 21:00
- Children up to 12 years old – 50% off
Tour available only from May 1 to October 15